Thursday, May 17, 2012

...tap, tap, tap.. .  Is this thing on?

Wow!  Has it really been 3 weeks since my last post?  Have y'all been worried about me???  Never fear...  Carrie is here!  Kind of like Underdog, but not as cute  ;)  LOL

So, tell me, where have ya been?  What have ya been up to??

I've been a busy girl!  Overtime at work, trying to get ready for an upcoming grad party and a few great school concerts!  A fun Silpada Jewelry party!  Had company over Mother's Day weekend and a really great Mother's Day with family!!  All fun and productive stuff!  Right?!

Speaking of 'stuff'.. .  have you ever had too much stuff?  Well, we do  :(  Our garage has essentially looked the same for the last 4 years...  packed to the rafters with 'stuff'... and that is where we need to have our grad party!  So, we've been on a mission to purge as much of this 'stuff' as possible.  This is no easy task because the hubby is still on a post-surgery restriction of not lifting anything over 5 lbs!  So, we're slowly going through boxes and boxes and...  why do we have so many empty boxes in the garage???  Seriously, I think we could have setup a moving box store!...  and going through even more boxes and rediscovering treasure and some things that are not so treasured, but we'll get through this...  because we're on a mission!  We're not having a garage sale, no time for that!  We're getting a dumpster and tossing all we can...  yep, I know I'll have to get over the guilt of throwing something that could have otherwise been reused...  but desperate times call for desperate measures!

Another exciting announcement is that I have completed my 30 Day Cleanse with Isagenix...  and I have lost 14 pounds!  Let me say that again, so it sinks in for me...  in 30 days, I have lost 14 pounds...  But most important is that I have not felt this great in a long time!!  I know I still could feel better and I think this will take time, but I am amazed at how good I do feel.  Normally my allergies and asthma are giving me grief about now, I only took that medication once during the whole 30 days...  and that was after an intense garage cleaning day!  I have more energy and am not falling asleep every afternoon.  I still need a nap here and there, but I'd say there is great improvement... and I'm in a better mood!  Except cleanse day was still a bit of a struggle...  again, I think it is a mind over matter thing for me.  I had posted before that my first Cleanse day was not all that good for me, but the other 3 got better.  I developed a schedule, or ritual, if you prefer.  I'd start at 8:00 am and finish at 8:00 pm, following the schedule I would be "eating" or drinking something every 2 hours...  I took full advantage of the dark chocolate IsaDelights...  and I drank Cleanse For Life from a wine glass...  mind over matter, right?  After my last Cleanse drink of the day, I would take a hot bath and then crawl into bed with a good book...  I read the Hunger Games trilogy  :)  Sounds nice, right?  It was!  My Cleanse day became such a wonderful, quiet day for me even if I did work and the whole family was around and eating pizza!  LOL

Oh! And the mother-in-law says I'm calmer...  yep, that's a win for me too  :)

Ciao Bella!

No comments:

Post a Comment