Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The good... the bad...  and the ugly.. .

The good...  yesterday morning I slipped on my freshly washed blue jeans and it felt like I had a little more room than usual!  Yayy!!  Coincidence?  I hope not  :)

The bad...  we got slush and snow over Sunday night and into Monday morning, so the roads were pretty slushy and slick driving in to work Monday morning.  Plus I had to drop my vehicle off for repairs, not a fun job either.  Thankfully, they were not as expensive as anticipated.  That's not so bad, right?

The ugly...  Monday, Day 3, was a hard day to figure out when and what I was going to eat at work.  It was crazy!  Why should it be hard?  It's all planned out for me isn't it?!  I skipped a shake and had yogurt instead, ate a crisp bar half for each of my two snacks...  Yumm!!  Then I got home later than I wanted from work...  starving...  the family was having pizza...  Mmmm, LOVE pizza!  Do I resist or give in?  I give in, but I only eat one piece and then filled my plate with spinach and salad greens!  I also added a couple of sliced mushrooms and some cucumber, then topped it with sunflower nuts and ranch dressing.  Whoa!  Wait a minute!  Ranch dressing?!  Yep!  And I'm proud to say that I have found a delicious low-fat and low calorie Ranch dressing.. .Bolthouse Ranch is 45 calories per 2 T servings!  So, are you wondering what's so "ugly' about that?  Well, like I said, it's been a crazy day...  and I'm tired from that lack of sleep thing from the hubby, so I take a quick nap before heading out for a high school jazz concert.  GREAT concert!  So proud of my boy and my girls behaved well and enjoyed the concert too.  But by the time I get home, I am tired and hungry...again!  And the GooGoo Cluster ice cream is calling...  yep, that's the "ugly"  :(  I give in.. .

It was a long day, with many challenges.  I still have my headache and I didn't get any exercise in either.  I did get through it, but obviously not as planned.  I drank plenty of water, took my supplements, but didn't follow the plan.  What I learned from this day is:  I have a lot to learn...  and tomorrow is another day!

Just wait until you hear about tomorrow.. . er, I mean... today!

Ciao Bella!

No comments:

Post a Comment