Saturday, April 14, 2012

I'm ready!

This chapter that I started today in my life's journey is a 30 day nutrition cleanse. I can hear it now, "You're gonna do what???" No, it's not like that... atleast I hope not! This cleanse promises to be nutritional and replenishing to my system... not leaving me feeling drained, if you know what I mean. Sound good to you? It did to me!

First, let me go back in time a bit... last fall I started researching meal replacement or shakes that may help me lose weight. Yes, there are some great products out there, but what I found in these products was fake sugar. You know the stuff... the stuff you can hardly pronounce or that they use in diet foods and sodas. Yep, you guessed it, I don't eat that stuff... I'm a REAL girl and my body does not tolerate well anything that is fake or imitation! YIKES! What's a REAL girl to do? Yes, I could benefit from losing weight, but most importantly I want to feel GOOD! I need to feel GOOD!! So, I've made some lifestyle changes; eating healthier and cut out the fast food and added exercise... doing the whole foods and organic when possible. And I am feeling better, but I still need to do something more. I wondered about those shakes again and even had a discussion in great length with the hubby... nope, the decision was made that those "shakes" with the "fake sugar" were no good for me and I just had to be patient... I'm sure there is nothing out there for me... "why can't a girl, a REAL girl, safely replace one meal a day with a healthy, delicious shake?" Yeah, that was the other thing, the "real" shakes I found I did not like! Not gonna benefit from them if I won't eat them!! LOL

Then a couple months ago my friend Jenn posted on FB about a product that she and her husband had found, this product line is called Isagenix. Hmmm, really? Another "shake"? I'm sure it's just like all the rest, right? But I was curious because she and her husband own and operate an organic farm. They both posted about results they were experiencing and I was intrigued. "Tell me more", I say. After a couple of meetings and samples... lots of literature about the product line and TONS of online research I decided to join the team.

So, I'm putzing around with the shakes. Wow! They're really good!! I have the 30 day system, but cannot begin because I now have an immediate health issue I am dealing with. It's OK, I get over it. But then I wait again because I am a little scared, nervous about how my body will respond to all this new "stuff"... and the hubby is having surgery and I do not want my first "cleanse" to be his surgery day. Surgery is done and he's recovering well, so now it's time...

That is where we are today. The first day of my 30 Day Cleanse with Isagenix. I'm following the diary here. Follow along with me... remember, this is the end of System Day 1.

I'll report more tomorrow on Day 1 and 2, it's late and I've kept you long enough... and you need a reason to come back tomorrow don't you?

Meanwhile, if you are curious about the product line, please check out my website by clicking here. I'd love to share in the journey with you!

Peace,
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment